Monday, March 2, 2009

Learning about my grandparents on my mother's side

I know that my Grandfather, Matthew Stevens, did something good, and so that the people who built Qugcuun Memorial School, named it after my grandfather's name. I want to learn more about him and his past history, and his parents. I want learn how he did something good, or was he just a good person that was really wise. I really, really, really, really, want to know what he did he do to deserve a great thing to happen to him. I wonder if that he was a real good listener and really wise. I wonder if that he has the knowledge of the past and the old ways of a Yupik Eskimo. I have all these questions in my head all about my grandfather on my mother's side. I really, really, really, really, really want to know all about him. Maybe I could ask my mom about him sooner or later. Was he the only elder in the time when they built the school? It is really frustrating that questions that never get answered in my head. All I want to know is all about my grandfather I think he is really interesting because this school is named after him.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I think finding out about your grandfather is a great idea! I bet everyone will be so anxious to read it. Perhaps we can post it on our website when it is all done!

    Your posts have been great! Keep up all your good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool that would be an excellent Idea

    ReplyDelete